It’s That Time of Year again! NewtonSERVES 2017, is on Sunday, April 30th. We will be gardening at the Auburndale Community Library from 12 noon until 3:30 PM. We hope we’ll have many hearty volunteers join us to help spread compost, clean beds, and plant spring flowers, also visit with other gardeners and have some fun. It is important to sign up on-line at the NewtonSERVES website in order to get on the list for a souvenir 2017 NewtonSERVES T SHIRT.
Alla Webster & Liz Noon, project managers
Auburndale Community Library
375 Auburn Street, Auburndale MA
(Please remember that we garden all spring and summer, and would really appreciate your help in making the ACL grounds really beautiful this year.)
Are you a serious Minecraft fan? Come to the ACL to meet other players, discuss your favorite mods and tricks, and play together on a private server.
To play on the server you will need to bring your own laptop and have a Minecraft account. Those without computers are still welcome to hang out, check out the ACL’s new Minecraftbooks, and play pocket edition on their mobile device.
Newton Needlers is open to all knitters, crocheters, cross stitchers, quilters, needle pointers and fabric or conversation aficionados.
1st, 3rd and (occasionally) 5th Saturdays of every month
10:30 – 12:00 in the couch/comfy zone in the front room
Upcoming dates: 4/1, 4/15, 4/29
Anyone who enjoys any fiber art or would like to learn one is welcome to come. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
Opening the yarngates to ALL fiber arts at the ACL!
We’re bringing back the ACL cookbook book club for one more try! You can make a recipe from “Taste of Persia”. Taste of Persia contains recipes from ancient Persia, or the current Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran and Kurdistan. Or, you can use any other recipe you find from another Persian cookbook.
Here’s how our ACL Cookbook Club works:
- Youchose a recipefrom the cookbook. We’ll have a non-circulating copy of the book at the front desk—you can take a photo or request a photocopy of the recipe you would like to prepare. There are also many copies of this cookbook in the minuteman library system as well as some recipes available on-line. You can use any other Persian cookbook too!
- Sign upat the circulation desk or on http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0849a4a929a3fc1-aclcookbook5
- Make your dish at home and bring it to the ACL on Sunday, April 2nd, 5:00 PM, ready to eat (we don’t have ability to reheat or refrigerate at the ACL).
It’s here! Introducing “Yoga by the Book(s)”, a FREE weekly all-levels vinyasa class at the ACL. Join Johanne Campbell on Monday mornings from 9:00-10:15, beginning March 27th. Thank you to all who made donations to make this possible! Class size is limited; you can sign up here.
FREE Monday morning yoga at the ACL…what could be better??? All levels welcome!
St. Patty’s Day at the ACL last week
- Do you ever receive free magazine subscriptions as promotions but you don’t want to receive them at your house? A wonderful patron gifted the ACL a subscription to Consumer Reports..if you would like to make a similar donation, we’d love it!
- Do you have used printer ink cartridges for recycling? Bring them to the front desk a the ACL and we can use them towards office supplies credit at Staples!
Auburndale Commuter Rail Station Accessibility Project
Wednesday, February 15th at 6:00 pm in the Village Bank Lobby
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
The Village Bank
307 Auburn Street
MBTA project team and its Architect will provide a slide presentation and answer questions about the 100% design of the Auburndale Commuter Rail Station Accessibility Project along the Framingham/Worcester Commuter Rail Line.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to fully participate in the meeting, American Sign Language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and /or handouts in alternate formats, please submit your request to Trish Foley at 857-368-8907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
In case of inclement weather, meeting cancellation announcements will be posted at www.mbta.com and a rescheduled meeting date will be March 8th