We hope you understand the following policies are in place so that the books at the Auburndale Community Library can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Books are loaned to patrons who show their library cards for 3 weeks, with two 2-week renewals.
- Each patron is responsible for the return of the books that are borrowed. Books may be returned to the library when it is open or dropped in the book return slot (our mail slot) in the door on Auburn Street facing the Pike.
- Please be sure to return only the books that belong to the Auburndale Community Library to us. Our books will all be labeled by a pink star on the spine. Since we are no longer affiliated with the Newton Free Library and are not part of the Minuteman Network, we cannot accept books that belong to those libraries.
Lost/Damaged Book Replacement
- Loaned materials that are lost, stolen or damaged are the responsibility of the borrowers and must be paid for by them. The amount would be determined by the library. The borrower can also replace the book with a new copy of the same title. Once a book has been paid for and/or given, there will be no returns or refunds given.
Online Account Access
- Unfortunately, at this time, the Auburndale Community Library does not offer online access to your individual library accounts. However, you can always check your account by emailing email@example.com or by phone during our volunteer-staffed hours. Our online catalog is always accessible so you can check the availability of books at your convenience.