One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- RESCHEDULED: Mayoral Meet Up in Lower Falls April 4
- Read to Oliver the Dog is Back!!! Tuesday, April 3 from 3- 4:30 pm
- It’s Newton PorchFest sign-up time!
- Games Day at the Waban Library Center on Saturday March 17th from 10:30 – noon
- Our Next FREE Afternoon Movie: Coco on Tuesday, March 20th at 3:30 pm
- Newton Needlers: EVERY Week Now! Saturdays from 10:30 am – noon
Support Our Library!
Search our site