One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- From the Book Corner
- Calling ALL Needlefolk…”Newton Needlers”: Saturday, October 21st 10:30 – noon
- Many Thanks to Our September ACL Volunteers
- Ward 4 Candidate Forum: Co-Sponsored by the ACL & Ward 4 Democratic Committee Tuesday, October 24 at 7:00 pm DeWitt Hall, Lasell College
- Chinese Storytime at the ACL Sunday, October 15 & 22 at 9:30 am
- Project Update Meeting: Crescent Street Housing & Reverend Ford Playground Expansion Project
Support Our Library!
Search our site