One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- Help the Newton Food Drive this Holiday Season by donating items at the ACL
- Incredibles 2 movie at the ACL December 11 3pm
- Support the library … while you’re holiday shopping!
- Holiday Gift Drive sponsored by The Village Bank
- Stocking Stuffers! ACL Water Bottles and Re-Usable Totes Available at Just Next Door and the ACL
- Many Thanks to Our November ACL Volunteers
Support Our Library!
Search our site