One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- Village People, Riverside Project, Good Shepherd Institute
- Chinese Storytime Sunday Sept 23 from 9:30 – 11 am
- Tuesday Afternoon Movies at the ACL-starting September 25 at 3 pm
- Tuesday September 25th at 10:30 am FREE Children’s Dance Class at the ACL
- Tuesday September 11 – Paddington 2 movie 3pm
- Community News: Riverside Greenway Trails Meeting Sept 17 at the ACL
Support Our Library!
Search our site