One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- Read, Share, and Grow…Support the 2019 ACL Fund
- Speed Cubing at the ACL: Saturday, August 17th from 1 to 3 pm
- Get those books now…
- Thanking Our July Volunteers
- Coding Class For 3rd and 4th Graders Thursdays, August 8th and 15th from 4:30 – 5:30 PM
- Harry Potter Turns TWENTY!!! Celebrate at the ACL on Thursday, August 1 at 6:30 pm
Support Our Library!
Search our site