One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- Library closing news
- Thanking our December Volunteers!
- Speed Cubing at the ACL: Sat, Jan 25th from 11am to 12:45pm
- History of Auburndale: All Roads Lead to the Totem Pole at the ACL Weds, Jan 15th 8pm
- ACL Annual Meeting: Wednesday January 22 at 7:30pm
- Year-End Donations To Support the ACL: Read, Share, Grow…In The Heart of Our Community
Support Our Library!
Search our site