One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- Save The Date & Sign Up Now: Newton PorchFest Saturday, June 1
- Newton Serves at the ACL: Call for Volunteers — Sunday April 28
- Tuesday, March 26 at 3 pm: Peter Rabbit Movie
- FREE Children’s Dance Classes at the ACL Tuesday March 26 & Tuesday April 23 at 10:30 am
- Speed Cubing Saturday, March 23 at 11:30 am
- The ACL Book Club Returns: Saturday April 27th Secrets in a House Divided
Support Our Library!
Search our site