One of our wonderful ACL sponsors, The Village Bank, has invited ACL patrons to visit a temporary art installation at their Auburndale office (307 Auburn Street). For the next few weeks they will have on display at the bank 4 lovely watercolors of Old Auburndale. They were painted in the 1950s and 1960s by a local artist named Amy Jarvis. She gifted them, and several others, to former Auburndale resident Dr. R. Emerson Sylvester who is now deceased. His wife just went into nursing care and the daughters are sorting through items to ensure that all find a good home. The paintings will all eventually go to the Newton History Museum but, for the time being, these select four are on display right in the neighborhood. Do come by and check them out!
- We’ll be closed at 5pm on Thursday October 31 — enjoy Halloween!
- Tuesday October 22th at 10:30 am FREE Children’s Dance Class
- From the Book Corner…
- Community News…Commonwealth Ave Carriageway Enhancement
- Thanking our September Volunteers
- Tuesday Afternoon Movies are Back! October 29 at 3 pm: The Secret Life of Pets 2
Support Our Library!
Search our site