Thinking of donating some books to the ACL? We’re especially in need of recently published books!
Here are some general guidelines that describe what we’re looking for. If you have any questions, contact us!
- Non-fiction books should be 2020 or later.
- Fiction paperbacks should be 2020 or later (especially mass marketed paperbacks).
- Fiction hardcover should be 2020 or later.
- Children’s books should be in good condition – not torn, written in or damaged.
However, we are always willing to review Young Adult books in good condition (and to some extent Children’s) even if they are earlier than 2020 because we seem to have a lot of gaps in those areas.
- No VHS/DVDs/CDs
- No torn/written in/damaged items
- No text books!
If you donate a book and it turns out that we already have it, or it’s not something that we can really use, we send it to the fabulous Friends of the Newton Library. The Friends organize an enormous used book sale four times a year that benefits the Newton Free Library.